Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ready for TALE

Everything is packed and ready to go for TALE 10 - the tenth year of Texas Annual Letterboxing event!  I've got 3 boxes ready to plant and some new logbooks made.  The green book and the one in the middle will be raffle donations.  The cover on the green one is hand made paper from an artisan at Scarborough Fair.  The middle book is covered with a Tim Holtz paper, and the red one is covered with some random scrapbook paper from my stash.  Each one is either painted or sprayed with Mod Podge to make it more water and dirt resistant on the trails.  The ends of the fibers are also glued to keep them from fraying. If my first attempt is anything to go by they hold up pretty well too.  I hope someone enjoys these. 

We also have some new self inflating camping pads.  One of these is for Steve, and the other is a gift for Wry Me since her old pad bit the big one on our last trip.  They beat sleeping on an air mattress for warmth so you can actually sleep on cold nights.  I got one for Christmas and found these two here on Amazon.  I'm very impressed with the quality for the price.  Like my original pad, it takes a little work to inflate them fully for the first time, but afterward they really do self inflate most of the way

No comments:

Post a Comment